Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Why is Heidi's Artisan Soap Different From Other Hand Crafted Soaps??


Why is Heidi's Artisan Soap different from other hand crafted bars of soap?  There are several reasons and I would like to share them with you!  When I first started out this business, I decided I was only going to use ingredients of the highest quality with no preservatives, no chemicals, no artificial colors, and no artificial fragrances.

Imagine you are at a luxury spa in Bali......ahhhhhhh.  What kind of ingredients do you think they would be using in their soap and other products?  Would it be Palm Kernel Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Tallow, or Palm Oil? No, I don't think you would find any of these oils in their products.  Do you think they would use artificial coloring in their products like micas, food coloring, or by-products of coal tar? Synthetic colors contain impurities like lead and other heavy metals that are toxic to the nervous system.  We've all heard of Red #3, right?  Soap has to have amazing smells, right? I can promise you that there would be no synthetic fragrances used in their products either.  Synthetic fragrances are chemically created to lower the cost of manufacturing. I am sure you have all smelled some pretty wonderful soap scents, but let's say that awesome smell of lilac that everyone loves is infused into this great bar of soap. That wonderful fragrance that you are smelling is purely composed of as many as 25 chemicals to create that smell. What about taking a look at labels.  Labeling requirements require you put the ingredients with most to least. A company may say they have Shea butter in their bars.....but take a look at where it is sitting in the ingredient list.  It may be last on the list using a very, very small amount and they claim that there bar has shea in it, but it's probably not enough to even make a difference. It could be less than 1%.

Now I will go back to the main question....Why is Heidi's Artisan Soap different than other hand crafted bars of soap?  The oils I use in my bars of soap are: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Castor Oil. (Castor is what creates the foamy lather in my bars.) I actually use 5 times the amount of Shea butter than most soap makers put in their soaps. In all reality, most soap makers do not include Shea Butter in their bars at all because of the high cost of it.  This makes my bars extremely luxurious! Next ...what do I use to give my bars the awesome scents that they have?!  I use essential oils. Essential Oils are derived from steam distilling or cold pressing plants.  They are very therapeutic and are extremely good for your skin.  I could very easily have saved costs with cheap oils, using fragrance oils (which are MUCH cheaper than essential oils), and omitting Shea Butter all together.  I wanted to create something that anyone could use, even those with the most sensitive of skin like babies and the elderly.  I was able to do that and am so excited to be able to share my products with you! I am also excited that I am able to keep my soap very affordable.  If you would like to learn more about my soap and products, go to www.heidisartisansoap.com.  You won't be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment